Summer plans can be costly, but the #KYStateFair promotes budget-friendly family fun! Check out these specials and tips to find out how you can cut down costs and still enjoy Kentucky’s largest summertime attraction.
- Join our exclusive e-mail list, Friends of the Fair, for exclusive updates and information as well as coupons and discount specials offered by Fair vendors.
- Purchase advance discount admission tickets with your Kroger Plus Card at Kroger locations throughout Kentucky and Southern Indiana July 6-August 13.
- Plan your trip ahead of time—consider the cost of fuel, parking, admission, rides, food, souvenirs and any other costs. Budgeting and sticking to it will help save you money.
- Free parking is offered both weekends of the Fair! Park in lots B, C and D of the Green Lot at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium on Friday through Sunday, August 15-18 and 22-24. Three thousand parking spots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. Free Tram service, sponsored by Miller Transportation, will run continuously between the Fair and the lots.
- Car pool on the weekdays to down on costs by having only one parking spot to pay for rather than multiple spots.
- The Kentucky State Fair’s Military Monday is on August 18. Active Duty and Veterans’ families will receive discounts with their military ID.
- If you are 55 years or older, take advantage of Humana Seniors’ Discount Day on Tuesday, August 19. Seniors will be admitted to the Fair for only $1, no coupon needed! This special ends at 6:00 p.m.
- The Early Bird Special is on Wednesday, August 20. If you arrive at the Fair by noon you will pay $6 admission.
- Packing your lunch is a great alternative if you are trying to cut back on spending at the Fair. Just keep a small cooler in your car and enjoy your lunch, then come back to the Fair to continue the fun! This is also a good dinner idea if you’re planning on coming for the concerts.
- Speaking of concerts, the 2014 Turf Concert Series is FREE with paid Fair admission! Enjoy quality music with your friends and family all for the cost of Fair admission.
- Sunday, August 24 is Last Blast Sunday for Midway rides. Get a wristband for only $15 and enjoy the final day of the Kentucky State Fair!